Signs & Symptoms
Colorectal cancer can cause one or more of the symptoms below.
Consult your doctor if you have:
- Persistent abnormal bowel habits with no apparent reason; constipation or diarrhea (or a combination of the two) and/or narrow or very dark stools;
- Loss of blood through the anus or blood in the feces, despite having no irritation, pain or itching in the area;
- Feeling that the intestine does not empty completely;
- Severe pain or abdominal discomfort, with no apparent explanation;
- Tiredness for no apparent reason
- Loss of weight without apparent cause.
Importantly, most of these symptoms are common, and usually, have nothing to do with cancer. However, you should consult your doctor, because only a professional can determine the cause.